Friday, August 28, 2009

Fri morning, not looking too good at the house, east winds at 5mph. We'll head up to the lighthouse again. Gusty 25-39 mph winds later, but, tomorrow says west winds at 12mph. That could make for some good stuff, so we may stick around another day.

Broke a fin on my way in from the lighthouse yesterday. Luckily, that was an easy $16 fix. As I paddled in yesterday, a tall, tanned, frantic woman came up to me saying something about "the worst fear a mother can have". She got a call from the school (which started here on Monday) that her kid and his friend were not at school. She was afraid, and she checked the lighthouse straightaway. Her son and his buds were some of the crew dominating the peak and throwing the airs. She said she didn't know what to do, that these were "honors kids" who never skipped school. She asked me to paddle back out and tell them to come in. I couldn't help but laugh, and suggested she walk out on the jetty as far as she could and glare at them a while, and embarrass them in front of their crew. "...Yea dude, and then your mom walked out on the jetty and jerked your ass.....". I couldn't help but laugh when she needed help. I mean, this was not the first time at the peak for these kids. They knew what they were doing. Mom may have to get used to a new routine here....

No comments: