Thursday, September 20, 2007

Saturday looks promising

Here's the surf forecast for S-Turns from MagicSeaweed.com for the next few days. Atlantic surf is magnitudes more fickle than Appalachian snows, and I know that 3 days out, the most important of these variables, the wind is likely to change. But, Saturday sure looks good right now.

The surf is best when swell direction and wind direction oppose each other. A 3.5 ft wave height doesn't sound like much, but that is the height at the offshore buoy, and that long time period is an indicator of the consistency of the swell. Hopefully, Saturday will be a good first day of 7 more to come.

I doubt posting this will jinx me, since usually, just showing up jinxes the waves for me. Can't tell you how many times I've heard, "....you shoulda been here yesterday...." At least this time I have 8 days to get lucky, like last year, where we had ridable waves every day.

Anyone want to join us??


No comments: