Sunday, January 28, 2007

southern invasion

A group from VA and MD came up for a ride today. Despite a big error in my directions to Old Forge, they all somehow found me. Pierre and Frank pulled together a small Bike Lane crew plus XTerra stud Roger. We had a nice 3-4 hour tour of the southern Michaux trails which Darius helped me lead. Darius threw in some extra singletrack that I wouldn't have known about, then, after assessing our group's technical prowess, gave us a run down his sweet new techy descent, straight into the Narrows via some nice rock features. This was a really cool trail, one that I'll be riding a lot more.

We started out as a group of 8 with 3 single-speeders among us. One of these guys would become a single-speeder before the ride was over.

Dr. Kathy goin' for that leafy opening while hubby watches on.

Roger in the Narrows

Darius cleans the last pitch to the Chimney Rocks overlook.


Eric finds his mojo at the overlook after losing it early in the ride.

Thanks for coming up guys. It was great to see you all again and good to get some quality rock time in.


1 comment:

Chi Chi Lagero said...

That was so awesome, thanks Larry. I'm just happy I could pedal out of the woods give the wide array of random unheard of mechanicals that I had going on.

I'll be back soon. Maybe for the slumber party ride.