Monday, September 05, 2005

The Shenandoah Mountain 100


My favorite race every year!
What a perfect day, and a fun race. Everything is always special about this season capping 100-miler, but to have it in weather like we have now is a bonus. It was great to race with so many friends and experience different parts of the race as I yo-yo'd my way up and back through the pack on my singlespeed.

I had a completely uneventful race, my favorite kind, and finished 88th overall and 12th single-speeder. No flats, no crashes, no unusual pain. My smoothest 100 yet?

One of my more articulate friends, who I spent a lot of the race with had this to say about the race.

2 comments:

rickyd 2 said...

How do you like the bars? Better than flats with bar ends?

Matt Donahue said...

Great riding with you this year. Looking forward to the next 100 already!